Join Myz Belle

Sunday 13 November 2011

Blogging Platform

Morning morning~

I just wanna write what I was thinking earlier then. I've started my 1st blogspot in 2009, February to be exact. I thought of using Blogspot because that was the 'trend' during that time. It has been more than 2 years since then and I am still an active "Blogspot-er". LOL!

There was this time, around mid-2009, I saw a friend using tumblr. And I was like "tumblr? Oo is this a blog? I didn't know that there are many different blogging platform EXIST?" <-- very out-dated you can say..I tried it out. Turned out I deleted my account after 2 days.

And then last year, I thought of looking for other platforms and I found Xanga. I tried it out and I haven't updated it since August this year. And I actually have decided to close that account too. 

The Reason Behind It
Tumblr:
I can see that mostly teenagers/youngsters opt for tumblr, somewhere around 13 y.o. - 25 y.o. The trend is, they usually use tumblr to post something real short but can express what they feel at the same time. They don't write much or blog either. They just reblog or repost beautiful/cute/etc. images and quotes that belong to someone or that was reblogged/reposted by others. You can say that it is a very easy way to blog. Not to have to write some few paragraphs to tell what you feel or think. And of course there's nothing wrong with it. But I like to write - doesn't matter how terrible my writing is. I like to tell and explain. So, maybe that's the reason why I've deleted my account after 2 days. I can't get to fit in into the community. They might just get bored reading paragraphs and paragraphs in TUMBLR?? Perhaps, it's just not my place. Too bad.

Xanga:
Xanga is actually a blogging platform and a social network combined. You can blog - like usual- and keeping in touch with friends through chat, message, comments - like a social network. And yes, you can add anyone as friend. But I always feel that I'm on guard. Very careful of what I blog. The community are super sensitive - some people I guess. Sometimes they talk and took things seriously. If they don't like you, it means they don't. Plus, 18SX contents are openly accepted which is also nothing wrong in this free world I guess. I haven't deleted my account though but I'll see what I can do more in there.

I know that there are many blogging platforms out there but for now, I'll stick to Blogspot. Hurray!

What da ya think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?