Join Myz Belle

Tuesday 1 November 2011

Factors on Poor Web Traffics!

Good morning peeps! You'll be hearing this a lot since my only time to blog is in the morning =.="

As I was surfing the net for interesting blogs and sites, it turned out to be so upsetting - not for what they wrote, their ideas or opinions. I think they are missing out some pretty basic rules on how to attract and make people stay longer on their sites/blog/etc. The traffic people,the traffic!

In my experience, I can't stand to wait on sites to load for more than 5 sec - unless I realize that my connection is terrible - or something distracting me while I was there. Okay here's the thing. As I have observed, there were 3 factors that mainly caused this regrettable circumstances.

Gadgets/Widgets/Applications
Okay this is fine but way too much is not wise. It slows down the page load. Use what's necessary and useful. It might looks cool and flatters the layout but people just want to read. Slow page load pushes traffic away.

Music/Video Player
This is nothing wrong, honestly. I like music too. But maybe some don't and it might be a little distracting. You might want to turn off the auto-play function. If people want to listen, they can just play the player themselves. Agree?

Color
Font color, background color..doesn't matter. As long as people can easily read what you wrote. Some just have these striking colours going on in one single page which really annoys me.


Well, these are just some of my personal advices & suggestions..I'm not saying I'm a pro or one of those internet geeks but if you agree, then feel free to apply them..

Any more pretty basic tips that we can share? :)

2 comments:

What's on your mind?